My Recovery

In need of some medical assistance

So eventually last night I went to bed and so did the Missus and my mate Kev. Kev was going to carry me upstairs in my bed but the Missus said nope, make him get up, I want to know if he can move. Gods sake. Listen up. You hoomans, you're feeling nauseous, you have a sick bug. Every little movement makes you heave. So you sit/lie there perfectly still, not daring to move because you just know the slightest movement could bring it all up again. Well I'm the same, I would have been fine being carried up the stairs. So anyways I oblige. I get off my sick bed and I walk, ever so slowly to the bottom of the stairs. I stagger a little, lose my balance. Cue the Missus, running round like a headless chicken, "He can't walk, he's falling over, OMG what is wrong with him, he is so poorly" I force my little wobbly legs up the stairs and I flop with relief into my bed.

I'm all wrapped up in my usual blanket plus a big chunky fleece is thrown over me too. Well if I don't die from bone poisoning I'll surely overheat, ah well I just want to sleep.

Man - sleep? Every half an hour the light goes on, I am aware someone is staring at me but I just ignore them - that'll be the Missus. Then the light goes on and she's off to the loo, then the light goes on again to do some more staring. Please - just go to sleep will you, leave me alone. But no, sometime around 3.00am the loony woman gets out of bed and starts shaking me and calling my name, shaking me over and over. For good gods sake, I pretend to be asleep. "Kev, she says, he won't wake up, he's breathing fast, I can't wake him" I hear her say. After being persuaded that I'm fine just deeply asleep she finally goes back to bed and turns out the light. Finally, I think she has gone to sleep - thank God.

I woke up this morning not really feeling a whole lot better. I still feel sickly. I'm just going to have a nice lie-in in my bed. The Missus is sat up in her bed pretending to read and Kev has gone off downstairs. Shortly after the Missus gets up and makes me get up. We go downstairs. She's doing that staring thing again. I have a drink of water, 2 minutes later the water comes back. So then the discussion about vets begins. And eventually off we go to the vets.

There was only one dog and a couple of cats there when we got there. There was an elderly gent just arrived same time as us. A greyhound, he was 14 years old - wow, I hope I live that long. We sat down. Next to me was a King Charles spaniel. Nice chap. We exchanged sniffs, he seemed a nice respectable kind. Not so his house mate. A French Bulldog. He wasn't very friendly and thought he'd have a bit of a snarl at me so I snarled back. Then a boxer came in. I steered clear of that one, they can be a bit flighty and giddy, not really my type. Next up a young whippersnapper pup came in. That one was jumping about all over the place, another Frenchie.

So we were sat there, me feeling a little woozy, next thing I know some weight has landed on my back. I whip round to find it's that bloody young hooligan French Bulldog pup. Had the audacity to jump me from behind. Well, I was having none of that so I showed him all my teeth, warned him off good and proper. Kids of today, they have no respect tsk.

Then it was my turn to go see the Doctor lady. She was nice. She felt all of my tummy, quite firmly I might add but it didn't hurt. She said the danger with bones is if I bite off a chunk and swallow it, it would get stuck in my tummy and not go anywhere and that can be serious. But I didn't do that and she said she couldn't feel anything. Only an X-ray would confirm if there was bone there but she didn't think there was from feeling my tummy and she said it was probably all just a little too rich for me. She gave me an injection to stop me from being sick and said it would take perhaps 48 hours before I'm properly better. I did start feeling a little better after the injection.

When we got home, I wanted to come back in the house quickly. So Kev let me off the lead and I ran up the steps and into the porch. Meantime the Missus was looking out of the window. All she could see was Kev locking the car door and walking up the steps by himself with no dog. Within that couple of minutes by the time we got in the Missus was in tears because she thought Kev had come back by himself without me and that they'd kept me in. I don't know, what's she like? Still, at least I know she loves me.

So that's the day. I had chicken and rice for my tea. It was de-lish. Perhaps I should be ill a little more often, I could get quite used to chicken and rice, it's yummy. By this evening I was feeling so much better and the Missus has a bit of a smile back on her face now. So I guess that's the last time I'll ever get to chew a bone but to be honest I'm not bothered because I really don't ever want to feel that poorly again.

Woof for now Lou xx 🐕

Comments

Popular Posts