My Carriage Awaits

My new trailer

The missus and my mate Kev like to spend the warmer and hopefully drier months cycling. I may be many wondrous things and have many talents but riding a bike isn't one of them, for a start they don't do bikes for creatures with four legs.

So as it would appear getting around by bike seems to play a big part in days out and summer holidays in this household my hooman owner's thoughts have turned to what to do about Louie - that's me by the way, lest you've forgotten.

There are apparently two alternatives. A box or basket mounted on the bike or a trailer to tow me along in. I'm perhaps just a little too big for a box or basket, plus I think I'd be scared sat high up. So anyways they've borrowed a bike trailer from Auntie Abi and Uncle Dave. They bought it for Jess, their doggie friend but Jess didn't like it and howled and cried when they tried taking her for a ride in it.

Here it is!

I haven't been in it yet. The weather has been too rubbish to even try it. There's been one really sunny day since we borrowed it but being January it was also freezing cold. It looks cool but.....I dunno, I'm not that keen travelling by car so who knows what bumping along in this will feel like. We shall see. Riding along the seafront in Blackpool or Wales with the wind blowing my ears does sound rather fun so I'll definitely give it a go.


🌀  🌀  🌀  🌀  🌀  🌀  🌀  🌀  🌀  🌀  🌀  🌀 

Other News

In other news that bloody rain coat has put in another appearance. Kev altered it so it would have a bit of a gap underneath so I can cock my leg without hindrance. It's still quite a snug fit but I've been out in it a couple of times and I could get about ok. It's actually raining today but I don't see anyone volunteering to take me out. 🤔


Me 'happily' modelling it

While he had the needle and thread out (I know, women's work but the missus 🙄 her and sewing - don't go there) so yeah he sewed up my favourite toy which I'd wrecked. They wouldn't let me have it cos the stuffing was coming out but it's fixed now 👍

Me waiting patiently

Fixed Now

So till the next time....

Woof for now Lou xx 🐕

Comments

Popular Posts