A trip to Healey Dell


On Sunday 29 December we went here to Healey Dell. My mate Kev brought a ball for me to play with but once we got there and they found out how muddy it was I wasn't allowed to play fetch. I was very disappointed but despite keep barking and asking for the ball all I got was no. I thought that was a bit mean to carry a ball around but not let me play with it.

I wasn't allowed off the lead either but there are some steep drops there that aren't really fenced off very well so a bit dodgy for a dog that isn't extremely well trained in recall.

River Spodden



Viaduct

 The River Spodden runs through the area. The history of this place goes way back before my time. It was originally the site of a Corn Mill but in 1636 it was converted into a fulling mill for wool. If you're interested you can read a bit about Healey Dell here and if you really want to know the process of fulling wool, there is a detailed description of it here.  It's the Missus you know, she finds all this industrial history fascinating and maybe you do too. Myself, I'm more about the here and now.


So even though I didn't get to play ball there was plenty to sniff at and look around at so we did have a nice time and it makes a change from wandering around the park.

If you fancy it yourself, there is I believe a little tea room here with a small seating area outside if you're bringing along your doggie friends. Though a bit chilly for al fresco dining at the moment there were actually hoomans sat outside with drinks when we were there. The Missus and Kev have vouchers for an afternoon tea there which they got for Christmas off Auntie Abi and Uncle Dave, I don't suppose I'll be invited along though. Their website is currently under construction but they do have a facebook page to give you a taste of what's on offer. Mmmm, looks yummy.



Til the next time

Woof for now Lou xx 🐕

Comments

Popular Posts